Formerly known as Mercy International Health Services, Trinity Health International (THI) has over 20 years experience providing technical assistance, training, consulting and management services to governments, ministries of health and private healthcare organizations around the world.
As a subsidiary of Trinity Health, one of the largest non-profit healthcare systems in the United States, THI has access to over 43,100 employees and 46 hospitals, numerous long-term care facilities, home health and hospice programs, and senior housing communities in seven states. These resources are utilized, as appropriate, in the provision of high quality services to our clients.
THI has conducted more than 195 healthcare projects in 43 countries around the world.
We serve together in Trinity Health, in the spirit of the Gospel, to heal body, mind and spirit, to improve the health of our communities and to steward the resources entrusted to us.
Our Role Statement
Trinity Health International, a member of Trinity Health, works to enable, teach and assist health personnel in developing and developed countries to improve their services, thereby contributing to quality, compassionate health care for the suffering and needy of the world.
Trinity Health Values
- Social Justice
- Care of the Poor and Underserved
Highlights of THI Experience
Implemented more than 195 projects including:
- Developed first Catholic healthcare system of nine hospitals in Australia
- Served as advisors to the Ministries of Health of the Republic of Nauru and the Republic of the Marshall Islands
- Developed mental health and substance abuse services in the Federated States of Micronesia
- Conducted management training in Tanzania
- Managed two hospitals in Saudi Arabia
- Awarded the Prestigious Achievement Citation from the Catholic Health Association of America
- Experienced in implementing U.S. Public Health Service, Inter-American Development Bank and World Bank projects